About me and this blog!

 About me..

Hello!

My name is Ashley Hernandez, and I'm 21 years old. I'm from Guatemala and I immigrated to Canada when I was 12 years old. I am currently studying Tourism at Montmorency College. I'm on my fifth semester of college. Actually, I'm on my sixth semester of CEGEP, I took a semester off a year ago, however the course grid in my program changed, so I am having fifth semester courses.

You might be wondering what we learn in a Tourism program in CEGEP...So, tourism isn't only to become a guide or work in a hotel. Tourism is a vast field where we learn about 4 different branches of it. Those branches are transport, accommodation, travel services and entertainment. In my program, we explore all of those branches to give us an idea what does the entire tourism industry really is like. 

So, why tourism? When I immigrated to Canada, I discovered my passion for travelling and discovering new places. I was living in a small town in Guatemala, and arriving to Montreal was a shock for me. Everything was completely different, so I wanted to discover other countries or/and continents. The Tourism program helps me to discover a new face of travelling. 


***

About this blog..

In this blog I will be mostly writing about my travel experiences in Latin America. I will be writing about 5 different countries: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Colombia, and Mexico. I will separate the content in different categories: First, I'll blog about the whole travelling experience, then I'll write about my favorite activities/places in the country and last, I'll describe my culinary experience.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deciding My Future

The Career of a Travel Agent